General Instructions for Filling Application Form of NTSE
Instructions for Filling up the Application Form for State Level National Talent Search Examination:-
- Use Legal (8.5” x 14”) size paper for taking print.
- This application form is meant for the students appearing at the State Level NTS examination conducted by each State/ UT.
- The candidate/Principal of the school must confirm the last date for submission of Application Form and where to submit it, from the State/ UT liaison officer. No application should be sent to NCERT.
- The candidate/Principal must deposit the application fee, if any, prescribed by state/union territory with the application form.
- The candidate/ Principal should leave the 4-digit Center code blank, to be filled by the liaison officer/ concerned district officer/ Center Superintendent.
- Incomplete/wrongly filled in application forms are liable to be rejected.
- Applicants are requested to refer/consult the application form, published by the States/ UTs, for caste category reservation. Some options of Caste Category (like OBC, Other 1 and Other 2), given in the form are applicable for the State/ UT only. No reservation will be given against these categories by the NCERT in the national level examination.
- NCERT is not responsible, if any other item, which is not given in the common application form, has been included by the State/UT.
Instructions for Indian Students Studying Abroad:-
- The Indian students studying abroad in Class X or equivalent class shall be exempted from
the first level-screening test and shall be permitted to appear directly at the second level
examination conducted by the NCERT
- A candidate desiring to appear in the NTS examination may request through the Head
of the Institution where he or she is studying along with an attested copy (by the Head
of the Institution) of the mark sheet of Class IX. The request should reach the Head,
Department of Educational Survey Division, NCERT, New Delhi-110016 latest by 31st
December of the concerned year
For form submission details contact your regional NTSE Liaison Officer – Click here for NTSE Liaison Officers List
General Instructions for the Students after filling Application Form:
- Make sure that the Admit Card is not detached from the application form. Admit cards will be sent to the chief superintendent of the examination center after allotting the Roll Numbers. Candidate can collect the Admit Card from the chief superintendent of the examination center at least one week before the examination.
- Reach the Examination Center at-least half an hour before the commencement of the examination; and occupy the seat that bears your Roll Number.
- DO NOT take calculator, mathematical & physical table or any other kind of ready reckoner to the examination hall.
- The examination will be conducted in two sessions on the same day.
- You have to take the examination in TWO PARTS:
- Part I: Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Part II: Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
The applicants are requested to refer/consult State Liaison Officer for the composition of the test.
- Time for Part I is 120 minutes and for Part II is 120 minutes.
- Each question carries 1 (one) mark.
- Write your Roll Number, as given in the Admit Card, on the Answer Sheet and on the cover page of the Question Booklet in the space provided.
- All questions in the booklets are objective type. For each question FOUR possible answers are given, but only one is correct. Your task is to find out the correct answer and mark your choice in the Answer Sheet.
- Record your answer-using Ball Point Pen only. You have to indicate your answer on the answer sheet as advised by the State/UT.
- During the Examination follow the instructions of the Invigilator strictly.
- Hand over your Question booklet and Answer sheet to the invigilator before you leave the Examination Hall.
- Hand over the admission card to the Invigilator before leaving the examination hall.